CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. (WSMV) – Hearth crews from two stations in Clarksville responded to a home fireplace that just about killed a disabled man early Wednesday morning.
In accordance with Clarksville Hearth Rescue, the decision for the hearth got here in simply after midnight on Wednesday. A backhouse on Davis Drive was lined in flames and heavy smoke.
60-year-old Charles Harris says his life flashed earlier than his eyes early Wednesday morning. He discovered himself surrounded by flames shortly after a cigar caught his home on fireplace.
“Each morning after I get up, I thank God for one more day,” Harris stated.
When he tried to flee the blaze, his wheelchair bought caught within the doorway.
Anthony Hinderliter occurred to be sitting outdoors in his automobile enjoying guitar and noticed the smoke. Hinderliter says he felt uneasy earlier than listening to Harris’s cry for assist.
“I simply knew it was weirdly grey and darkish, however the subsequent time I regarded up you may simply see it billowing on the market,” Hinderliter stated Harris was hidden behind thick smoke with flames taking pictures above his head.
“I simply… I didn’t assume I simply ran. It’s actually arduous to elucidate,” Hinderliter stated. “Both he was getting out of there or neither of us have been getting out of there.”
Harris misplaced virtually all the pieces within the fireplace. All he has is $5, a field containing a few of his sentimental belongings, and his life.
“It’s not as unhealthy because it appears as a result of proper now it appears fairly unhealthy, however it’s going to be okay,” Harris stated.
Harris says as he works to rebuild his life. Hinderliter made a GoFundMe to assist purchase issues Harris wants
Harris says if anybody wish to donate necessities, you may attain him at: (931) 217-0666
Copyright 2022 WSMV. All rights reserved.