Apple rolls out a major software update for iOS every year to provide iPhone users with new and better features. According to MacRumours, iOS 14 was one of Apple’s biggest and most anticipated updates that introduced many drastic changes in the UI and introduced several new features. Even though the major update offers an improved iOS experience to users, iOS 14 has its own sets of issues that users may find irritating.
This article covers the different types of glitches present in iOS 14 and the methods and steps following which you can conveniently resolve them. Let us get started:
- Fast Drainage of Battery
The generic “battery drain” problem of previous versions of iOS is one of the many problematic additions to iOS 14. However, even though iOS 14 has battery issues, the problem’s intensity is still lesser compared to older versions. The rapid battery drain can be quite frustrating, especially when you realize that you are charging your iPhone more than using it. To solve the issue, here are two effective solutions:
- Delete Battery-Hogging Applications You Do Not Use – One of the most effective ways to prevent your iPhone’s battery from draining quickly is by deleting any useless application that consumes too much battery. To find out the applications eating your iPhone’s battery away, check the “Battery” section in the “Settings” application. Also, disable resource-hogging features.
- Download and Install the Latest iOS Update – If you are still operating your iPhone on an older iOS version, it might be best to update it to the latest version. Therefore, navigate to the “Software Update” section on your iPhone and install the latest update available.
- iPhone Not Turning On
A common complaint of any iPhone user running iOS 14 on their phones is that their iPhone won’t turn on sometimes. There are numerous reasons why this happens, including battery issues, physical damage, bugs, etc. Here are some effective solutions following which you can solve the issue:
- Inspect your iPhone’s Charger and Cable – If you are trying to charge your iPhone to light up the screen and it does not work, the problem may be in the accessories you are using. Therefore, check whether the charger is connected properly or not. Secondly, inspect the charger by trying to charge another device with it. If nothing works, the charger might not be the problem.
- Restart your iPhone – The issue may be because of a specific application or native feature of iOS 14. Therefore, try restarting your iPhone. If the normal restart procedure does not help, try force-restarting your device.
- Look for Signs of Physical Damage – If nothing works, your iPhone’s display may have experienced physical damage causing it to shut down completely. Look for cracks or bumps on the iPhone. If you spot one, take your iPhone to an authorized service center.
- Delay in Receiving Text Notifications
Users of iOS 14 have had a hard time dealing with delayed message notifications ever since the first update rolled out in September 2020. The delay in the popping-up of notification bubbles might be catastrophic for you. Here are some potential solutions to the problem:
- Force stop or quit your iPhone’s “Messages” application after using it – To do so, swipe up from the screen’s bottom to navigate to the screen featuring open applications. From there, swipe up on the application to close it forcibly.
- Install iOS’ Latest Patch – The issue may be happening because your iPhone is running on an older patch of iOS 14. Check whether the latest update is installed or not. If not, go to the “Software Update” section and update it.
- Slow and Laggy Performance
Even though iOS 14 offers a more optimized performance than its predecessors, there are still numerous instances when the device exhibits stutters and lags. It is a common issue that has numerous solutions. To improve your iPhone’s performance, here are some effective tips you can follow:
- Manage your iPhone’s Storage – Most performance issues happen because there is not enough space on your phone for apps and features to function efficiently. Therefore, delete unnecessary files, uninstall obsolete applications, clear cache, etc. You can also use a third-party cleaning application to simplify the process. Once your iPhone is free of unnecessary garbage, you will notice a significant jump in performance.
- Update all the Outdated Applications – Outdated applications do not mix well with iOS’ optimization capabilities. Therefore, if you have applications on your iPhone that are not fully up-to-date, go to the App Store and update every installed application.
On the one hand, iOS 14 brought a lot of new features and old and improved ones, while on the other, several issues and glitches also came along with it. However, even though there are numerous glitches present in iOS 14, there are many easy-to-implement solutions that you can use to resolve the issues, as mentioned above.