PLATTE CITY, Mo. (KCTV) – Police say 4 Platte County Excessive College college students have been taken to the hospital after taking over-the-counter remedy.
First responders have been known as to the highschool round 11 a.m. Thursday.
“On a medical name in regard to a scholar that had ingested what they thought was perhaps poison,” Platte Metropolis Police Chief Joe Wellington mentioned. “We received there, we discovered that that was not the case. A number of college students for causes unknown had ingested some over-the-counter capsules.”
Wellington says officers imagine they know what over-the-counter remedy was taken however are working to verify it.
The 4 college students had non-life-threatening poisoning or overdose signs.
“Our concern there was the wellbeing of the youngsters, ensuring they received medical consideration,” Wellington mentioned.
Investigators imagine the scholars consumed the remedy for “leisure results.”
The varsity district despatched a security bulletin to oldsters that mentioned: “This morning, PCHS was put into “Maintain-in-Place” standing whereas attending to a number of scholar medical conditions requiring an ambulance. Maintain-in-Place is a faculty security protocol the place college students are moved away from the incident location or instructed to remain in school rooms with doorways secured and instruction persevering with, and persons are saved out of hallways or public areas so that faculty officers can assess a state of affairs and/or medical professionals can help.”
“I solely ask dad and mom to speak to your youngsters,” Wellington mentioned. “If you happen to don’t have a cause to take one thing, don’t take it. If you happen to don’t know what it’s, don’t take it. If somebody fingers you one thing and says, ‘right here do that,’ don’t take it. This can be a prime instance.”
The incident is being referred to the Platte County Juvenile Workplace.
Copyright 2022 KCTV. All rights reserved.